Practical Tools for the Journey - Fall '23
This course is scheduled to begin on Thursday, September 21. The cohort will meet weekly on Thursdays from 9:00–11:00 a.m. CST. It will run through November 9 for a total of seven sessions. We will not meet on October 12.
As a faith leader, this course will equip you to assess the congregation’s current situation and help you lead your congregation to consider faithful adaptations for future ministry. We begin with a look at the big picture of the congregation and move on to look inward at the roles and relationships with the pastoral leader. A look outward at the congregation's surroundings and surrounding community follows. Finally, we look forward and present options for sustainability, renewal, or closure.
This course will help participants to:
- Use various tools and techniques to identify factors that affect the sustainability of their ministry in the local congregation and community, both now and in the future.
- Determine the mission, hopes, and aspirations of their congregation.
- Explore the different options available to congregations facing sustainability challenges.
- Identify external resources that can help address sustainability challenges.
- Build their leadership skills and capacity to tackle sustainability challenges within their congregation.
Ultimately, this course aims to build your competence and confidence in your leadership role, guiding your congregation towards a new chapter in ministry.
Participants will earn 2.4 CEU's awarded by Dialog Works and Wartburg Seminary. Those students who enroll in the other three courses in the Engaging God's Future series will be eligible for the Small Congregation Specialist certificate.